Self-Sufficiency vs. Humbly Depending on God (while working!)
It’s so easy to rely on our own abilities to make it through the day. Whatever season you find yourself in, I pray that you will look to the Lord to be your strength today. Whatever He brings your way, His grace is enough!!!
I have really appreciated and benefited from the message “Do Hard Things, for Moms” by Danny Jones. I hope this excerpt encourages you:
“If you mother your children in your own strength, you’re going to burn out. When we serve, we are to serve with the strength He provides. If you are feeling weary and if you do tend to wonder, “Am I burning out?” that very likely is an indication that you are serving in your own strength. If you are tempted to think, “I can’t do this anymore”, you need to not disagree with that, but agree with that. But realize the reason you can’t do it anymore is because you are trying to do it in your own strength. Because I think we would all agree that God is great enough that if He has given you the strength, it will not be exhaustible. You’re not going to run out of grace, you’re not going to run out of His ability. If He’s providing for you, that’s not a well that can run dry. So if we truly are serving with the strength He provides, not only are other people going to be amazed, but you are going to be amazed that you make it through the day!”
~ Allie Olsen
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Will whoever posted this please give the date of the message, and/or where to find it online.
Thanks! =D
And yes, I am telling on myself. lol
Hi Colleen! I wrote it. :) I found the message on Metro's Blog www.metromomsblog.org It's on the R side of the page under "Do Hard Things for Moms" September 2008
It's a great message- I'd love to visit with you over the message after you listen to it!
Allie Ooooooo
Thanks Allie! I'll let you know when I'm ready to visit! =D
Post a Comment