Monday, October 13, 2008

Being Busy in the Home

All work and no play makes mom….not fun! While it’s important to do all the things that women do like the cleaning, cooking, laundry it’s also important to take time to have fun. I am writing this as we are getting ready for a big trip and the pressure is on to get everything done. Carson told to me today that I don’t seem very excited about the trip and my response was, “I’ll be excited when I am on the plane.” Oh, dear. I am realizing now how selfish I have been the last couple of days.

In the chaos of our days do we find time to just have fun? I know that I struggle with that most days. As of lately it seems that I am so preoccupied with my schedule or “to-do list” that I forget the joy of getting it done. This would be true also with our upcoming trip. I have forgotten to have fun in the process. So much so that it took my 12 year old son to bring it to my attention. Thank you Lord for loving me and giving me such a great family. Help me to recognize when I care more about the task than the people in my life. Help me to praise you like David did in the Psalms when he said "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song" (Psalm 28:7). Put a new song in my heart and give me the help I need to make it through the day.


I hope that you all find joy and fun in you day today! ~ Sharlyn Eddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful encouragement, Sharlyn! I often think how much my grandkids will love me because I'll be able to "just have fun" with them! Pitiful, but true. So, thank you for humbly sharing a glimpse of your day, dear friend. Love you! ~Stacey

GraceFullMom said...

Reading your post today was the Lord's timing!! Between sick children, packing for Celebration and normal life, I definitely was losing focus. THANK YOU for reminding me to have fun along the way!