
There’s a lot of talk lately about the economy. It seems that you can’t watch the news without hearing something about gas prices or the cost of food going up. It can add stress to the family budget but we have to remind ourselves who our provider really is! It’s at times like these we need to remember what Philippians 4:19 says - And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
So how can we be frugal with the cost of food going up and the fluctuation of gas prices? Through the years we have adjusted our grocery budget several times and most of the time it has gone up but more recently it has gone down. So the challenge for me is, and has been, how I can shop for a family of 6 and stay under budget! Sometimes it seems near impossible!
Then I get a great email from Charice who was graciously offering to pick up certain produce items at the Farmer’s Market. I talked to her at length and got an idea of what she pays for her produce and knew right away that this was a good thing! She goes there every Saturday and will send out an email the week before telling us what she is getting. I then tell her what I would like and she gets it for me (along with several other families). I know if I was getting all these items at the grocery store I would be spending so much more money than I am with Charice. I don’t know how long she will be willing and able to continue to do this but I know that as long as she does I will try to take advantage of her generosity. It really has been a blessing to our family – and my husband’s wallet!
So…this morning how do you see God meeting all of your needs according to His glory?
1 comment:
Nocatee was having a farmer's market the 3rd Saturday of every month. Along with produce they also had crafts and things like honey, plants, etc. A vendor told me it was even bigger than the one in Fernandina that he also did each week. Brenda
Post a Comment