
It’s been said that, “God created us for his glory and gave us a character that longs for traditions”. However, this frantic pace that we have grown accustomed to and highly mobile society we live in often times robs many families of any sense of tradition, much less any cherished traditions of their own. Yet, for the sake of our families let us ask God to help us cultivate those traditions that will hopefully be passed down from one generation to another.
This Christmas season may God fill our hearts afresh with a desire to pass on
motivational, instructive and practical traditions and patterns based on a biblical affirmation of faithful traditions for God’s glory and our joy. May God allow these traditions to be a means to produce sweet memories and a deeper love for Him and our families.
So join us this week as we hear how others have cultivated Christmas Traditions and tell us about yours as well by leaving a comment. ~ Rhonda Calabello
1 comment:
I love reading about other peoples' Christmas traditions. We ended up with one as we go to get our Christmas tree. About 10 years ago, as Todd & Noah went out to get our tree, Drake & I stayed home since he was 11 months old. I hadn't gone grocery shopping for awhile, but I had to come up with something for dinner while the boys were out. I ended up making French Toast & hash browns & hot cocoa. I served them on our Christmas plates that my Mom had given us. That turned into our tradition...breakfast for dinner when we decorate our tree. It is a blessing to see how much our kids enjoy this & now we get to share it with Ezgi, host daughter from Turkey.
I love Christmas and all that goes with it. I love that my Savior is celebrated in our home daily. But I can't help thinking, what about the families that don't have these kind of happy traditions? Or the families that are lost and looking at an eternity without Christ? The person who is so lonely? What about the family that hasn't had work in a few years & can't afford to buy food this week, let alone a tree? What about the family that is torn apart for whatever reason? Or the family that is losing their home? These people live among us.
These are the things that are on my mind as I enjoy reading this blog. I am so blessed & priviledged. But, what if I didn't have a home, or have gone years without a paycheck, or wake up to my electricity turned off? Or if my children were deathly ill? And what do I do about it when I know people in my own church family are truly suffering?
I don't know suffering. I have lived an extremely priviledged life. I often wonder would I praise God the same if it was all stripped away?
Thanks for letting me post this comment! Lord bless you all for taking the time to write on this blog. Merry Christmas.
-Stacey
Post a Comment