Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Recipes

Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without the food that is associated with it. Growing up I have so many fond memories of having Christmas dinner with my family. It was the one time of the year that there was always an extra setting at the table. Whether it was my grandpa coming into town or another family member being with us it was a great time of being together.

Over the years the menu has changed but the meal is just as important. I have received so many great recipes from friends and family. One recipe that I have received was from when Craig and I lived in San Diego. We had some neighbors that were our age and also in the Navy. They even had a daughter a few days after I had Kelsey! This recipe has been a family favorite and is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. Hope you enjoy! ~ Sharlyn Eddy

Pot Luck Potatoes

½ Cup melted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 pint sour cream
2 Cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 lb frozen hash browns - thawed
2 Cups crushed corn flakes

Mix together ½ cup melted butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, cheese and thawed hash browns. Pour mixture into buttered 3 quart casserole dish. Mix ¼ cup butter w/ corn flakes and put on top of hash brown mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 min.

No comments: