Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Recipes

I LOVE pecan pie! I love it at Christmas, I love it at Thanksgiving, I love it in summer. I love it so much my grandmother used to make me two for my birthday instead of a cake. I would tell her, “One for me, and one for everybody else.” However, as the years passed, I realize that I can’t eat as much as I like, or as often. It has lingering consequences to my waistline! Then I found this recipe for “Sweet Treats,” which taste just like pecan pie. No more trying to cut a teeny sliver of pecan pie (and making a mess of the pie). These are just big enough to satisfy my craving for the nutty sweetness of pecan pie. ~ Adrea Thomas


Sweet Treats

½ cup butter
1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pecans
confectioner’s sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and ½ cup brown sugar; mix in flour. Press in bottom of 8x8-inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes; cool.

Beat eggs and remaining sugar until smooth. Add vanilla extract and nuts and spread over crust. Bake for 20 minutes more. Sprinkle with sifted confectioner’s sugar. When cool, cut into 1-inch squares.

No comments: