Thursday, December 11, 2008

Favorite Christmas Gift

Deciding on the perfect gift has been somewhat challenging. I have received so many great and thoughtful gifts throughout the years and picking just one is very difficult! Like the year that Craig & I received a new toilet and sink from his parents for the kids bathroom. Believe me, it was a huge blessing….I even cried! And when you’re new homeowners in need of new fixtures it’s the perfect gift. But I have to say that my most favorite is when Craig asked me to marry him. He was in the Navy at the time and living in San Diego. It was Christmas Eve and he was due to come home for the holidays. He sent me a dozen red roses at work and that evening we went out to a very nice restaurant. One thing I remember about that night is how nervous he was. Unfortunately, I knew something was up because he was acting a bit out of character. He had a roll of Rolaids in his pocket that he was eating like candy and even drank a cup of coffee (which he doesn’t like). At the end of dinner he excused himself and shortly after he returned the waiter brought my ring over on a silver platter. And Craig asked me to marry him……I, of course, said yes and the rest is history.
~ Sharlyn Eddy

1 comment:

Erin in FL said...

Hi Sharlyn!!

I reading your story and I was laughing out loud and Ken wanted to know what "tickled my soul"...so I read him your story...He said the story about Craig sounded completely "like him." He said "He's a knucklehead!" :o) (it tickled his soul too!)

We love you guys!!
Erin