Thanksgiving morning I love to make homemade rolls while I watch the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. I especially love the marching bands and the excerpts from the Broadway shows. But even these lively and cheerful things are not enough to lift a heavy heart. My heart goes out today to anyone whose heart is heavy and burdened with care. Be encouraged today. God is able in the midst of painful circumstances to speak to you through His Word, through his saints, through many other means of grace. I was feeling a little overwhelmed the other day and worrying about little Carter. A friend prayed for me and reminded me that God not only knew about Carter's situation but He created his little body in the first place. Just this one little phrase took my attention off of the trouble and put it back on God. I had lost my focus as I was overwhelmed with worry about what may be around the corner. My circumstances didn't change any but these words of wisdom reminded me that no purpose of God's can be thwarted. I'm still not sure all that He is intending to accomplish with Carter's illness but I know that He is trustworthy. If you are struggling with burdens as the holiday approaches know that the Word of God can speak to your soul and lift your spirits in a way that a hundred marching bands could never do. Meditate on the attributes of God and let your soul take in reminders of His eternal nature, His omnipotence, His Sovereign rule over our lives. "Lord, Thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were born, Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God. Psalm 90:1,2 Again in Psalm 91 it says, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust'". So if you find yourself overwhelmed with cares speak to your soul. Join the Psalmist in Psalm 42:5: "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence." ~ Brenda Edwards
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Scriptures On Thankfulness
Thanksgiving morning I love to make homemade rolls while I watch the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. I especially love the marching bands and the excerpts from the Broadway shows. But even these lively and cheerful things are not enough to lift a heavy heart. My heart goes out today to anyone whose heart is heavy and burdened with care. Be encouraged today. God is able in the midst of painful circumstances to speak to you through His Word, through his saints, through many other means of grace. I was feeling a little overwhelmed the other day and worrying about little Carter. A friend prayed for me and reminded me that God not only knew about Carter's situation but He created his little body in the first place. Just this one little phrase took my attention off of the trouble and put it back on God. I had lost my focus as I was overwhelmed with worry about what may be around the corner. My circumstances didn't change any but these words of wisdom reminded me that no purpose of God's can be thwarted. I'm still not sure all that He is intending to accomplish with Carter's illness but I know that He is trustworthy. If you are struggling with burdens as the holiday approaches know that the Word of God can speak to your soul and lift your spirits in a way that a hundred marching bands could never do. Meditate on the attributes of God and let your soul take in reminders of His eternal nature, His omnipotence, His Sovereign rule over our lives. "Lord, Thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were born, Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God. Psalm 90:1,2 Again in Psalm 91 it says, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust'". So if you find yourself overwhelmed with cares speak to your soul. Join the Psalmist in Psalm 42:5: "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence." ~ Brenda Edwards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment