
Asking the family what their thankful for has been harder than I thought. I have heard a bunch of “I don’t knows” and simple answers like, “I am thankful for my house!” Which is a good thing but I am trying to get a little deeper here. So here is my attempt to draw out my family and their responses :)
- Aydan – I am thankful for my house (yes, even after drawing him out) and food to eat.
- Carson – I am thankful that dad is home this Thanksgiving.
- Kelsey – I am thankful that I am able to spend the holidays with my family and that I have the freedom to worship God.
- Lauren – I am thankful that throughout this year I have had many challenges. The reason I am thankful for them is because it has brought me closer to Christ and made my relationship with Him much stronger.
Craig, my husband, had this to say: Although there is much for which I am thankful, by mentioning only one thing I am not excluding all others. I am thankful that I have the privilege of being employed during this economic downtrend where as many others are suffering layoffs. I am at least privileged to have a job which can pay the bills and support my family. This may sound cliché or trivial, but in this day and age of economic turmoil, it is even more precious to me.
So there it is. There has been much laughter tonight as we went around asking this question about thankfulness. Laughter and silliness is fun and it reminds me to be thankful for my silly family! ~ Sharlyn Eddy
No comments:
Post a Comment