Goals are good and we all need them. Keeping them and following through is a whole other story. I have certain goals in mind for the New Year and hopefully with the Lord’s help will accomplish many of them. There are many areas in my life that I need to improve upon. One of which is my relationship with the Lord. This one really never goes away for we should all be striving for a deeper, closer relationship with our Heavenly Father.In John Piper’s book “Don’t Waste Your Life” he says this: We waste our lives when we do not pray and think and dream and plan and work toward magnifying God in all spheres of life. God created us for this: to live our lives in a way that makes him look more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that he really is.
This year I plan to take a close look at time wasters in my life. What do I spend my time doing most? What keeps me from magnifying God in all spheres of my life? As I am sitting here writing this, I can already think of many things that keep me from Him. It’s time to start making that list and writing down all that would keep me from enjoying my Lord and Savior most.
May you all have a blessed New Year! ~ Sharlyn Eddy
1 comment:
Great book by Piper. I just read it recently and it is so applicable to so many areas and circumstances of our lives. Hmmmm...reminds me of another Great Book.....The Bible!:)
rixja
Post a Comment