Listening to the second message one thing I heard Elyse say over and over is that we need to be a means. She said that we could be the vessel that God uses to be a means in another woman’s life. Speaking into someone’s life can be challenging and difficult. We don’t want to rock the boat and so often than not we choose to just not say anything. We think we are being nice but really we are not loving that person. If you see a sister sinning the most loving thing you can do is to bring it to her attention when it’s appropriate.Has the Lord placed a woman in your life as a means of grace to you? Throughout my adult life there has been a person (you know who you are) that the Lord uses to be a means to me. Although I haven’t always responded in gratefulness for the loving correction she brings to me, I am always thankful in the end that she did. And after I have wallowed in self pity I take some time and pray and ask the Lord to show me where I am sinning so I can change. And wouldn't you know that her assessment is usually right. It’s a difficult process but the Lord is kind and He is glorified through it all. And although it’s not easy for her either, her love for me is so evident as she is faithful to the Lord to bring me the correction. I have grown so much because of it and our relationship is stronger too.
God, in His kindness, brings people in our lives to be a means to us. They help us when we are too weak to see our sin. I am thankful for those relationships in that it has been for my sanctification. ~ Sharlyn Eddy
No comments:
Post a Comment